Lotions, Serums and Creams, Oh My!
I’m slightly obsessed with beauty products. I’m a full-fledged, self-confessed beauty products junkie who is always on the hunt for a product that helps me look, feel, and even smell beautiful. And I love when I find just the right one.
There are so many products out there, from anti-aging to hydration. And we need different products for different stages in our lives and even different seasons. Our skin is our largest organ, so how you take care of it matters.
Damage to our skin can come from lots of different things. Aging skin loses elasticity. Sun damage, hormonal shifts, environmental toxins, even foods we eat can directly impact how our skin reacts.
What's in the Bag, Baby
As I gear up for some HSFT in the summer sun, beach days and pool lounging, (in between working relentlessly for my brand HSFT), I’m building up my arsenal of new summer beauty products.
We’re showing lots more skin in the summer months, for starters our HSFT high cut one-piece, so I start by finding products that help me protect my skin and give it that pretty summer glow.
This summer, my HSFT luxe tote becomes my beach bag and I’m filling it with my beauty “must-haves” for my beloved trips to the Jersey shore. Here’s a few of my new favs.
Summer Beauty Bag
- Firming botanical oil from African Botanicsis fabulous. It has a great fragrance and is just sheer heaven for exposed arms, decollate and legs. It’s a summer “staple” and really nourishes and tightens skin.
- I’m loving a new company from Malibu, CA called Kayo. Their Body Serum is made with hyaluronic acid and gives intense hydration. It’s so good it’s currently sold out online! Their Body Beautiful Cremè is made with an omega oil blend and it takes your skin care to the next level.
- I love a slight summer “sheen” to glowy and dewy summer skin. Sol de Janeiro makes a dry, non-stick glow oil with this beachy fresh smell. Brazilian beauty is on point and this body shimmer is everything. My fav is the Ipanema Sunset glow oil. It’s a limited edition, so get it before it’s gone.
- It’s true, I love a little summer sun-kissed skin but never without some legit sun protection. I’ve always got my HSFT trucker hat in my bag and a great sunscreen. The latest and greatest is this SPF 50 from Kate Somerville called “Uncomplicated”. I’m hooked. It’s a soft focus makeup setting spray with a whole lotta protection. So good, I bought two.
- Great skin calls for great hair and I LOVE the new brand called LOVE Hair. We all went through that phase with giant tub of kitchen-grade coconut oil mixed in with our beauty products. But this is “next level organic cold-pressed coconut oil. It’s made to condition hair that is stressed from styling and the elements, like summer sun and fun. Sure, Beach Hair Don’t Care, but keep it effortless and healthy. Bonus that you can use it on your skin and nails and it smells divine.
I hope your summer plans include lots of fun in the sun. Just make sure to drink lots of water, grab a great summer read and keep that glowing skin healthy and beautiful!
And always, HSFT!