Oh what a year 2020 has been...
For many of us it has been a year of restraint and choice. The facts are that life changed this year. We had to go inside ourselves to create a to do list of how to come out of this on top.
One of the areas that I personally found comforting was how I managed my self care. This is an area that I believe is very important when you want to live your best life.
Wellness and self care are broad areas to talk about. I was in my early 30's when I started to realize that I had to make an effort if I wanted to be happy and confident about the person I put out to the world and that would be reflected not only in my physical appearance, but also my attitude, my work, my family and all things that I am passionate about.
As confessed earlier in my blogs in past years, besides being an artist & designer; I am also a beauty product junkie. So recently when one of my readers asked if I would do a blog with my beauty product picks, I decided to share what I have been exploring and loving this past year.
Why do I love these potions and cremes and serums so much? I'm not really sure other than I know that taking the time to research and explore and use these products just makes me feel good.
So without further ado I will share my list of moisturizers, skin resurfacing cremes and nourishing serums that helped make me feel pampered through one of the most challenging years of our lifetime.
1. Day Moisturizers: Face - Augustine Bader - The Rich Creme
2. Night Moisturizer - Chanel - Sublimage La Creme
3. Body Moisturizer - Augustine Bader - The Body Oil
4. Face Exfoliator - U Beauty - Resurfacing Compound
5. Face Mask - 1 - 2 times a week I use Hanacure - All In One Facial
6. Dark Spot Corrector - Dr. Dennis Gross - Clinical Grade IPL Dark Spot Correcting serum.
7. Face Serum - Victoria Beckham - Augustine Bader Cell Reguvinating Serum
8. Hand Serum - Tenoverten - Hand Repair Serum
10. Hair Treatments - Olaplex - No 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment Kit
11. Hair Moisturizing Spray - Sunday II Sunday - Revive Me Daily Moisturizing Spray
12. Ends Moisturizer - Sunday II Sunday - Edge Flourish Daily Moisturizing Serum
13. Sunblock - Kate Somerville - Uncomplicated SPF Setting Spray
That's a hefty list and who's to say what all these cremes and potions really do. I know the science supports it, but what is more important is that it feels good. In a world where we are being challenged daily it's important to have our little rituals that help us feel cared for.
I have always been a believer in having a good foundation in all aspects of life and our bodies are no exception. I'd rather slather high quality products on my body than cheap ingredients and I'd rather focus on my foundation than distract myself with mindless activities. The quality of your life is really the quality of your choices and to be in the mindset to Have Some Fun Today it takes a firm and strong foundation. Self Care is one of the pillars of that foundation.
As we take a step closer to a new year instead of resolutions maybe we just need to take a look at the quality of our foundations?
Self Care, mindfulness & how I can use my energy to best reach my goals are some of my top priorities this year. What are yours?
Love & Light,
#Havesomefuntoday #Violetgrey #Augustinebader #Victoriabeckham #chanel #Ubeauty #olaplex #SundayIISunday #katesomerville #tenoverten #DrDennisGross #hanacure #beautyjunkie #cleanbeauty #selfcare